The Drafter for DON will prepare detailed drawings, designs, and plans for homes, structures, and modifications according to job specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) equipment to produce designs, drawings, charts, forms and records.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and requirements and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on designs and job specs
- Coordinate structural and mechanical designs and help determine a method of presentation to graphically represent plans for homes, structures and modifications.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundation, structures an modifications based on preliminary concepts, sketches, construction calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Layout and plan interior and exterior structure arrangements using Computer-Assisted Drafting (CAD) software.