The Driver for DON Services will report to the Construction Manager. Drives minibus, van, or company car to transport consumer, trainees, or company personnel. The Driver’s main responsibility is to safely transport either supplies and materials or passengers including individuals with disabilities from one location to another throughout a 4-county region as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Pick up passengers from the place and at the time they are required.
- Deliver materials and supplies on a timely basis for all assignments.
- Assist passengers with loading and unloading their personal belongings and/or supplies.
- Assist persons with disabilities into and out of vehicle.
- Follow traffic laws and correctly prepare driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip and ensure there is always enough gas in the tank to reach the assigned destination.
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up to date on road conditions.
- Ensure proper maintenance on vehicle(s) and interior cleanliness before arriving where needed; notify management the mechanics of vehicle problems.
- Sign in and out logs for keys and fuel cards.
- Communicate with management or consumer by telephone to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Secure passenger’s wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip.
- Occasional Saturday work is required.
- Must have or obtain a medical card for PA.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma and some work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed. Anywhere from a few months to one year of related experience as a Driver is preferable.