Skilled Construction workers for DON Services will report to the Construction Manager and will perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. This includes operating hand and power tools of all types and cleaning and preparing construction sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate hazards and prepare site for working.
- Take direction from the Construction Manager and Assistant Construction Manager to determine on site construction activities.
- Load, unload, identify building materials, tools and distribute them to the appropriate locations and use them under the supervision of the Construction Manager and Assistant Construction Manager.
- Measure, mark or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction will be performed.
- Dig ditches, trenches, holes, and level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, tampers, and rakes.
- Aid in craft work such as carpentry, masonry, and plumbing.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Position or dismantle forms by pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, and bolts.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other structures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years to five years related experience and/or training in construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience.