The Staff Accountant will assist in all financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for the organization.
Essential duties include the following:
- Perform financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Assist in the direct financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all parts of the organization.
- Prepare financial statements, management reports, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives and current accounting standards.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Assist in all aspects of employee insurance, benefits, and casualty programs, including monitoring changes in health insurance regulations and creating budgets for benefits and worker’s compensation.
- Prepare reconciliations for monthly and annual closings. Make adjusting journal entries when necessary. Other specific tasks include preparing cash receipts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and other financial transactions.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required. Significant experience and knowledge of accounting software packages, notably MIP Fund Accounting software, and Microsoft products, specifically Excel preferred.